Tuesday, January 12, 2010

PERFECTION

PERFECTION

We long to be perfect,don't we..?..I have been hearing this phrase right since my early days that what ever we do, it should be perfect. My parents emphasized, teachers reiterated and environment pushed in this notion further.

However with passing years, I have come to realize that one tends to loose charm of living and rational ability to think while pursuing perfection. I guess perfectionism is yet another of those false pursuits thrown on us in race to acquire more and more and be called successful. Is it necessary to be bestowed with the honor of being a perfectionist to find a place in society..??

To me, chasing this dream to be a perfectionist is a slow death. If everything were to turn out just like I would want it to be or the way I have planned, than I would never experience anything new. My life would be an endless repetition of stale successes. It would entails set pattern imposed on me for leading a life. When and how would I ever think of my own then.? When will I ever exercise my free mind and creativity..??

When I make a mistake, I would experience something different. Is,nt this a better bargain..?

1 comment:

  1. In a way, what you say is right, Anil. It reminds me of a situation in life where we tend to keep a home spic n span, corrrect the angles of cushions misplaced etc etc., besides other things. As a result, one gets the feeling that it is more like a hotel, somebody's house not a warm hearth!

    Similarly, I guess the balancing act would be to let life take its course but ensure that actions which we take are right!

    Nice thoughts, keep writing!

    ReplyDelete